- Download the app
- Launch the app to add it to your menu bar
- Use the "Add or Modify Phone" option to set up your alerts
- To activate the phone notifications, you'll need to buy a subscription (for $2.99)
- Lock your Mac (using Laplock menu or the usual mac shortcut)
- Unplug the power cord from your MacBook and listen to the alarm go off
- Look at your phone: you just received an SMS notifying you about your laptop being stolen!
- Worry no more about leaving your MacBook unattended
- To receive a SMS notification us the "Register Phone" option to add your phone number
- To enable this feature, you need to buy a subscription. Indeed sending an SMS does cost us money so we decided to charge money to ensure
sustainability of this project.
- The computer needs an internet connection to trigger the SMS notification
- Your phone needs a cellphone connection to receive the SMS notification
- If your laptop is stolen, we're very sorry, but we're not responsible. We didn't steal it!